Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Alas, Poor Blackberry, I knew thee well...


Sometime over the weekend my Beloved Blackberry Curve died! I knew this not until Today, Sept. 2, 2008. It could not even register a signal let alone make a call. I spent about 3 hours on he phone today with Alltel trying to remedy this situation, but to no avail. No amount of downloads, troubleshooting, or upgrades will fix a hardware problem. The only remedy is for Alltel to send me a new phone, which I should have tomorrow.


Oh the tragedy, of an early and unexpected death! And at such a young age! I've only had it 2 months! (SOB<>

To quote the Great Dr. Evil, "Mini Me, if I ever lost you I don't know what I would do. [pauses] I'd probably move on, get another clone but there would be a 15 minute period there where I would just be inconsolable. "


I think that these words speak volumes about how I feel about my Blackberry Curve. There would be like a 24 hour mourning period until the replacement shows up where I would just be inconsolable.


What is funny is how addicted to this device I have become in only a few short weeks! I mean I love tech stuff as much as the next guy, but this is ridiculous! I mean I was literally worried when I found out that I was going to be without my phone for a day or even, GASP, TWO DAYS!


There isn't really any specific "spiritual" point to this blog, I just wanted to Mourn the loss of a close friend, business partner, entertainer, and accountability partner! I guess if you must have a spiritual correlation you might say that it is a shocking depiction of how we replace God with things and become dependant on them rather than him. I suppose that you could use the scripture "Trust in the Lord with all your heart..." to back that up, however I just wanted to mourn/grieve this tragic loss!


BY WAY OF UPDATE: I SPENT THE WHOLE WEEK W/O A PHONE. I GOT A "LOANER" ON FRIDAY THAT IS GOING TO GET ME BY TILL MONDAY WHEN MY NEW ONE COMES IN THE MAIL. HOWEVER, I WILL BE IN OKLAHOMA ON MONDAY SO I WON'T ACTUALLY GET MY PHONE TILL THURSDAY. THE "LOANER" IS A LOANER IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD, SO... I HAVE A BACKUP PHONE WITH ME THAT I CAN SWITCH MY NUMBER TO IF NEED BE!

RIP, RIM BBC

7/08-9/08

Beloved Friend, Business Partner, Entertainer, and Accountability Partner.

You will be missed (At least for a day)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I still have an old "candy bar" Nokia you can have till your new Blackberry arrives. LOL.
Did Murphy get a hold of your cell phone?